Fall is in the air with the beautiful red leaves, crisp air and grey skies. This type of weather is perfect for a relaxing afternoon where I sip on a warm cup of tea while eating some delicious treats. These chewy and spicy pumpkin cookies taste like fall and are perfect for a grey afternoon. They are made with just a few simple ingredients: pumpkin puree, almond flour, almond butter, chia seeds, cranberries, crunchy pecans and spices. When all these ingredients are combined, you will get delicious cookies that are high in protein and nutrients. And as if that wasn’t good enough, these amazing cookies filled with superfoods are also gluten-free and vegan!
These cookies are super quick to make and will likely disappear as quickly! They are the perfect snack for tea time and also a tasty post-workout snack. I love to eat them for breakfast, it gives me all the energy I need to start my day on the right foot!
- 3 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 24 pecan halves
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine almond flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin puree with brown sugar, almond butter, chia seeds, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla and salt.
- Incorporate almond flour into wet mixture until dough forms.
- Fold in cranberries and pecans and mix gently until evenly distributed.
- Using a large ice cream scoop, place balls of cookie dough 1-2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Press cookies down and top each cookie with a pecan half.
- Cook in preheated oven for 16-20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for approximately 20 minutes before tranferring onto a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for one week.
Leave a Reply