October is here and so are pumpkins! Here is the recipe for a super crunchy and spicy granola made with pumpkin puree and delicious of fall spices.
This granola is very simple to prepare, yet so delicious! The flavours that you will find in your bowl will bring you so much comfort on a fresh fall morning. A small bowl of this spicy goodness contains everything you need to have a strong start to your day. Delicious oatmeal is combined with protein filled quinoa, and abundant sources of essential vitamins and nutrients found in the pumpkin seeds and puree, chia seeds, spices and maple syrup. Finally, the healthy fats from the coconut oil will ensure you will have enough fuel to get you through a busy morning.
I really enjoy this granola when served with a heaping cup of almond milk. For a treat, I serve it with organic yogurt and a drizzle of maple syrup. I hope you enjoy this fall breakfast as much as I do!
- 3½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ cup dates, chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, coconut, pumpkin seeds and uncooked quinoa.
- In a small dish, mix chia seeds with water. Let rest until it thickens and becomes a gel consistency.
- In a separate bowl, combine chia gel with pumpkin puree, maple syrup, coconut oi, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger and cardamom.
- Pour wet ingredients on the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Place granola onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until golden, mixing the granola every 10 minutes to avoid burning.
- Once the granola is nice and golden, let it cool for approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Mix the dried fruit into the granola.
- Transfer cooled granola into an airtight container. Store in a cool and dark place, it will keep for about 2 weeks.
Leave a Reply