My awesome neighbour truly has a green thumb! She has a large greenhouse in her backyard and grows all kinds of organic and heirloom crops from all around the world. Yesterday, she brought me those bright and sweet cherry tomatoes and I just had to make something simple and delicious with those!
Seriously, looks at those tiny tomatoes that have such a bright pop of colour! I looked in my fridge and pantry and I had a few ingredients on hand to make a quick greek style salad. It is really simple and such a great salad to serve as an appetizer or side dish for a dinner party.
You simply combine colourful cherry tomatoes with cucumber and black or kalamata olives. Then you sprinkle with feta cheese, a few herbs, good quality olive oil and balsamic vinegar and you are in business! Enjoy!
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (equivalent to 25-30 tomatoes)
- 1 cucumber
- ½ cup organic black pitted olives
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut cherry tomatoes in halves.
- Peel and dice cucumber.
- In a salad bowl, mix tomatoes, cucumber, olives, feta cheese with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, thyme and black pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply