This simple quinoa salad with honey mustard dressing is a great quick and easy summer meal. You can prepare it ahead of time and bring it with you on picnics or potlucks.
I made this salad with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, bell peppers, parsley and basil, but you can really play with the vegetables and herbs that are in season and use whatever you have on hand. The creamy mustard dressing will coat and season all those delicious veggies and quinoa.
Quinoa Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
This fresh quinoa salad is filled with colourful veggies and coated in a sweet honey mustard dressing.
Author: Homemade Hearts
Serves: 6 portions
- 6 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups broccoli, cut in small florets
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut in small florets
- 3 carrots, grated
- ¼ cup fresh herbs (parsley and basil), chopped
Honey Mustard Dressing
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Mix quinoa, pepper, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and herbs into a large salad bowl.
- In a small glass jar, combine mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, honey, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Shake well.
- Pour dressing on salad and mix well.
This salad will stay good in the fridge for 4-5 days so you can prepare it in advance.
Leave a Reply