This is another delight that I remember making with my mom as a kid and continued to make through college, university and in my travels. With time, I have improved, perfected and shared this amazing recipe with many friends along the way. Today, I am sharing with you the gluten-free version that I created over time.
This végé pâté, also known as vegetable spread, has the texture of a meat pate but is entirely made of vegetables, seeds and grains. The nutritional yeast, liquid aminos and fresh herb give it a delicious savoury taste. It is filled with vitamins and nutrients. I love to eat it in sandwiches, serve it to accompany a cheese tray or I sometimes eat it as is!
- 1 potato
- 4 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup sunflower seeds, ground
- ¼ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup rice flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- ¼ teaspoon xantham gum
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup liquid aminos (or tamari sauce)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (or 1 teaspoon dry parsley)
- 1 tablespoon basil (or 1 teaspoon dry basil)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Peel potato, carrot, onion and garlic.
- Chop vegetables in a food processor using the S blade.
- Transfer vegetables to a mixing bowl and mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture in baking dish and bake in preheated oven for approximately one hour, or until golden on top.
Leave a Reply