I fly a lot for work, on average two trips per month. In between flights, I usually enjoy some quiet time in the Maple Leaf Lounge to catch up on work, read and take a bite to eat. The is not usually a great selection of food in the lounge, but lately, there has been a delicious kale salad with apples and cranberries. It is so delicious and refreshing.
This inspired me to make a kale salad at home. I created a sweet and tangy vinaigrette to coat the kale leaves. The dressing is made with fresh raspberries and blood orange olive oil from the local olive oil tasting bar. It is simply delicious.
- 6 cups kale leaves, washed and chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup hemp seed hearts
- 1 apple, chopped
- ½ cup blood orange olive oil (I got mine at O'Leva, a local olive oil tasting bar)
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup raspberries
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Place kale, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds and apple in a large salad bowl.
- Add 1 cup Raspberry Blood Orange Vinaigrette and mix until evenly coated. Serve immediately.
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender.
- Store the leftover vinaigrette in a glass jar. This salad dressing will keep for about 1 week in the fridge.
Leave a Reply