To start the new year refreshed, I decided to cleanse my body by doing the Wild Rose Herbal D-Tox Program to get rid of all the Christmas indulgence. During this 12 day cleanse, my diet is mainly plant based, and I am avoiding all dairy, meat and sugar amongst other things. Over the next 12 days, I will be sharing some of the recipes I am making. I have developed a pretty delicious plant based menu to ensure that I can fill my days with beautiful, fresh and colourful foods!
As my first cleansing breakfast, I made a vanilla almond chia parfait . It is so simple, yet delicious and filling. Eating this parfait is a great way to start the day! You can prepare the chia pudding the night before and assemble the parfait when you wake up for a quick breakfast.
For this parfait, I layered the chia pudding with a blend of apples, almonds and hand picked partridgeberries. As a variation, you could replace by any fruit you have on hand such as pears, peaches, blueberries or strawberries.
It is so delicious, I will certainly be making a few variations of this for my breakfast over the next 12 days. When the cleanse is over, I will definitely be making a chocolate version!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 apple, diced
- ¼ cup almonds, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup partridgeberries or other berries
- Mix together almond milk, chia seeds, almond butted and vanilla powder.
- Put in the fridge for at least an hour, or overnight until the chia pudding is thick.
- In a glass jar, place a few tablespoons of chia pudding. Top with the fruits and almonds.
- Repeat until your glass is full and top with a few fresh fruits and nuts.
- Serve chilled.