Nuts are an amazing snack. This spicy and salty nut mix is so delicious, it will be gone in a heartbeat. They are a great snack to have on the table when guests are coming to your house for dinner. It is always great to keep a handful in your purse or desk to give you a boost when you are on the go. They will give you lots of energy and no one will guess that they are so healthy!
When roasting something in the oven, I love to use grape seed oil instead of olive oil since it is not only filled with antioxidants, but also has a much higher smoke point temperature than olive oil, and will therefore not burn when heated at high temperatures. I use olive oil in salads or add it after cooking to avoid burning. Hope you enjoy this delicious healthy snack!
- 4 cups almonds
- 2 cups pecans
- ½ cup Braggs Liquid Aminos (or Tamari)
- 3 tablespoon grape seed oil*
- 2 teaspoon dried savoury
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- a pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together the liquids and spices.
- In a medium mixing bowl, pour the liquid mixture over the nuts and mix well until the nuts are evenly coated.
- Place the nuts on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, until golden, mixing halfway through.
- Let the nuts cool off, they will become crunchy as they cool.
- Store in a airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Leave a Reply