This crustless quiche is comprised of layers of butternut squash, spinach, carrots and is topped with crispy parmesan cheese. This pefectly layered dish is perfect to bring for a brunch. I also love to prepare it ahead of time and eat a slice for breakfast throughout the week for breakfast.
This layered quiche starts with a layer of thinly sliced butternut squash to serve as a crust. Then, a layer of Dijon mustard is spread over the squash to give this quiche a bit of kick. Thinly sliced spinach and grated carrots are added and finally, an egg mixture is poured over all these vegetables.
A layer of parmesan cheese tops it all, and makes these spinach and carrot square crispy on top and so delicious. Try this amazing recipe at your next brunch, you won’t be disappointed!
- ½ butternut squash, peeled and thinly sliced (not cooked)
- 2 tablespoons old-fashioned Dijon style mustard
- 4 cups spinach, thinly sliced
- 5 carrots, grated
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- In a large rectangular baking dish (9"x13"), layer slices of butternut squash into an even layer. Spread mustard over squash. Layer half of the spinach, add grated carrots and top with the rest of the spinach.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture in the baking dish over the layered vegetables. They egg mixture should cover the vegetables. Top with parmesan cheese.
- Place dish in the preheated oven and bake for 50-60 minutes, until eggs are well cooked.
- Cool down and cut into 12 squares. Can be served warm or cold.
Leave a Reply