Here is my basic granola recipe that has become a household staple. This simple recipe will ensure you always have a delicious and healthy gluten-free breakfast. What is so great about this recipe is that you can tailor it depending on your preferences and based on what you have in your pantry. No matter what ingredients you pick, the result is a crunchy granola that is filled with proteins. I have been making a batch of this granola every two weeks for a long time now and I could not imagine a world without having a jar of this granola in my pantry.
This granola is very simple, packed with oats, seeds and nuts. You have the option of adding dried fruits for extra sweetness, but most times, I like to leave the dried fruits out of the recipe and I add fresh fruit in my bowl of cereal in the morning.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup raw seeds (sunflower and/or pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup nuts (pecans, almonds, walnuts or hazelnuts)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup dried fruits (raisins, cranberries, apricots, dates), optional
- Preheat oven at 300 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats with coconut, seeds and nuts.
- Stir in melted coconut oil and mix well.
- In a measuring cup, measure maple syrup and mix in cinnamon, ginger and sea salt.
- Pour maple syrup over granola and mix thoroughly.
- Spread granola on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden and crispy, stirring every 10 minutes to avoid burning.
- Let the granola cool.
- Once cool, mix in dried fruit if using and store in an airtight container for 7-10 days.
Leave a Reply