These roasted beet patties are so flavourful. They are easy to make and such a great way to have a gluten-free and vegan burger.
You need to do a bit of prep work ahead of time for those patties. Usually on the weekend, I will roast some beets and cook a grain to have for a quick meal during the week. Once you have prepared your beets and rice, you simply need to mix a roasted beet with cooked rice, rolled oats and a few other simple ingredients in the food processor. Once the dough is ready, you let it sit and then bake the burgers in the oven for a crispy crust and a moist center. These gluten-free and vegan burgers are bursting in flavours.
I love to eat these patties on a delicious gluten-free bun from a local bakery. Some of my favourite toppings are avocados, tomatoes, baby spinach, sprouts, tomatoes, pickles and dijon mustard. What are your favourite burger toppings?
- 1 cup beets (1 large or 2 medium), roasted
- 1 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup white rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients into food processor. Process for 2-3 minutes, until smooth.
- Transfer mixture into a small mixing bowl and set aside in fridge overnight (or for at least 2 hours).
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Split dough into 4-6 pieces and form balls with wet hands.
- Place balls onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and press balls down with hands to form a patty.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until crispy on the outside.
Leave a Reply