These muffins are so moist and contain so many blueberries, you will love them instantly! They are the perfect breakfast or healthy snack.
When I was growing up, my mom used to make blueberry yogurt muffins almost every week. As I watched her cook, I was so amazed at the magic that made the yogurt double in size. Once they were out of the oven, my brother and I would jump on the hot tray to take the first bite into these amazing muffins filled with juicy blueberries. It would take no time to have two dozen muffins disappear in our household! To bring back those sweet memories, I decided to adapt my mom’s classic recipe very slightly to make them gluten-free.
On my last trip to Costco, I made an amazing discovery. I found a bag of all purpose gluten-free flour blend made by Cloud 9. I have to confess that over the years, I have tried many different types of gluten-free flour blends. I have also tried to create my own blend using various recipes, but the all purpose gluten-free flour made by Cloud 9 is by far the best blend I have tried! I can truly replace one cup of wheat flour in a recipe and gives a very similar final result. After adapting my mom’s recipe, it gave a moist cupcake, that holds together really well and has a similar delicious taste to the original recipe!
What were your favourite recipes when you were a child? What food do you remember eating and loving so much as you were growing up? Let me know what they are in the comments below or on my Facebook Page. I will pick a few of your favourite meals and create a delicious gluten-free version!
- 2 cups plain yogurt (I use organic yogurt)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil (I use grapeseed or avocado oil)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour blend (I use Cloud 9 flour blend)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Grease or line muffin pan with paper.
- Combine yogurt and baking soda. Set aside, you will see that the yogurt will rise and almost double in size.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together brown sugar, oil and eggs.
- Add oats and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix gluten-free flour blend baking powder.
- Incorporate flour into oil mixture and mix well.
- Fold in yogurt.
- Add blueberries and mix gently until evenly distributed.
- Using a medium ice cream scoop, place one scoop of muffin mixture in each of the 24 greased or lined muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean (except for some blue from the blueberries)
Nadia Marcolla says
Your recipes Rock!
Would you share your mother’s original recipe for the Blueberry Yogurt Muffin.
Thank you so much.