Even though fall is here, there still remains delicious strawberries as a reminder of summer days. I decided to combine them to a few other ingredients to make a refreshing superfood chocolatey parfait.
This parfait is made with a layer of nutritious almond milk, chia seeds and oats that have soaked overnight to make this powerful creamy pudding base. As a sweetener, a few dates and maple syrup are added. Finally, dark chocolate and fresh mint leaves are thrown into the mixt to get this superfood choco-mint pudding.
To assemble the parfait, you simply place layers of choco-mint superfood pudding with bright red strawberries and you have a delicious and beautiful dessert. It is so healthy you could even eat it for breakfast if you want!
- 2 cups almond milk
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- 12 dates
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 6-8 fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups strawberries, finely chopped
- Combine almond milk with chia seeds and oats. Set aside in a covered container, in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Once the mixture has tickened, place it in the blender and add dates, cocoa powder, mint leaves and maple syrup.
- Blend until your choco-mint pudding has a smooth texture.
- To assemble the parfait, layer choco-mint pudding and strawberries in 4-6 small glasses. Alternate layers until glass is about ⅔ full.
- Top with a strawberries and fresh mint leaves.
Leave a Reply