I have been on an eggplant kick lately. This gorgeous purple vegetable can be so delicious when roasted! Roasting really brings out its unique and delicate flavour. When you incorproate just a few other ingredients, it can become an incredible dip!
This roasted eggplant spread has a really smooth, creamy texture. The eggplant is combined with roasted shallots, garlic, lemon, tahini and miso to create an earthy, savoury, tangy yet slightly sweet flavour. This recipe is inspired from a traditional baba ganoush, but of course, I put my personal twist in the recipe. I love to roast my shallots and garlic, and incorporate a little miso for added flavour and nutrition. This dip is great to spread on bread, crackers, sandwiches or eat as a vegetable dip.
- 2 small eggplants (or 1 large)
- 2 shallots (or 1 small onion), peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon white miso
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
- Cut the eggplants in half.
- Toss the eggplant halves with the full shallots and cloves of garlic with the oil and sea salt.
- Roast in pre-heated oven on parchment-lined baking sheet for 15-20 minutes.
- Place all the roasted vegetables into food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add lemon juice, tahini and white miso and mix well.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Store this dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Leave a Reply