Lemonade on a hot day is just so refreshing. It brings back childhood memories of summertime spent in the pool or at the summer camp. However, a tasty lemonade usually requires loads of sugar. When I was daydreaming about a cool lemonade, Chia fresca came to my mind. This delicious drink with coconut water and lime juice is just naturally sweet. I thought using coconut water could be a great way to get a sugar-free lemonade!
I took out my lemons and squeezed all the juice out. I added some mashed raspberries for a beautiful pink lemonade and poured loats of coconut water. The result is a thirst quenching and refreshing drink that is packed with electrolytes and free of sugar. In addition, it is super simple to make and you only need 3 ingredients!
I love to pour some of the lemonade in Mason jars, leave them in the fridge and you can bring it with you at picnics! I love using Mason jars for picnics!
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 3 lemons, juiced (approximately ¾-1 cup juice)
- 1.5 liters coconut water
- With a fork, mash half of the raspberries.
- In a large mixing bowl or jar, combine mashed raspberries with lemon juice and coconut water.
- Cool in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Place a strainer on top of a large pitcher and pour the lemonade into the pitcher while straining out the mashed raspberries.
- Add the rest of the whole raspberries and a few slices of lemon to the pitcher.
- Serve chilled.
What do you like to bring on picnics? With this lemonade, I love to bring a good Mason Jar Salad. I will share the recipe for my ABC Summer Salad with a Lime Vinaigrette that you see in the above picture. Hope you enjoy!
Leave a Reply