What is better than a warm, spicy and comforting drink when during a cold winter evening? And what is better than a green tea chai latté to warm you up and put you in a good mood!
I love getting a soy milk green tea latté or a chai latté when I go to Starbucks, but they are expensive and not as good as this! Below is the recipe for a blend of my two favourite drinks. With this recipe, you can make a large amount of vegan mix that you can put beautiful jars. This recipe will last you a few weeks (or a few days depending on how many drinks a day you make!). This is also a wonderful gift idea for tea lovers, friends and family!
I adapted this recipe from the Instant Chai Mix Recipe found in the Chickpea Magazine. I just purchased the Winter 2013 issue online and it is quite an interesting read!
- 2 cups powder soy milk
- 1½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon green matcha tea powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend all ingredients together.
- Transfer mix into airtight containers (I used mason jars).
- To serve, mix 3 tablespoon of matcha chai tea mix for each cup of liquid (water, soy milk, almond milk, etc).
- Whisk to ensure there are no clumps. I find it almost better to put it in blender for a few seconds just to get rid of all clumps.
- Once it is well mixed, warm up liquid in a small pot or in microwave.
- Pour in a mug and enjoy.
If you give it as a gift, I suggest writing the instructions on the jar (see Preparation steps 3-6), on a cute handmade label.
If you don't have matcha tea, you can try with regular green tea, it works wonderfully! Just grind the green tea and strain before serving.
Hope you enjoy this delicious warming drink!
Leave a Reply