This mask is definitely a must for chocolate lovers! It has a delicious and subtle scent and will cleanse, nourish and exfoliate your skin.
Did you know that chocolate is filled with antioxidants and that when applied to the skin, it will help in keeping your skin clear and hydrated? And believe me, how amazing is it to get all these great benefits with no calories! But wait, there is more: this mask also contains detoxifying clay as well as seeds and botanicals to exfoliate your skin.
I like to keep my face masks in a powder form to maximize its shelf life and avoid having to add preservatives and other chemicals. When you want to use it, you simply need to mix it with fresh yogourt and apply it on your face. Here are the key properties of the ingredients included in this face mask:
- Rhassoul Clay is rich in minerals and is known to help improve skin clarity and elasticity. It helps detoxify and tone the skin.
- Cocoa Powder is filled with antioxidants and help protect skin cells from free radical damage.
- Sesame Seeds are rich in vitamins and minerals, and will gently exfoliate your skin.
- Rose Petals are soothing and have a beautiful fragrance
- Chamomile is anti-inflammatory and helps with healing skin. It has also a relaxing and calming aroma.
- Yogourt moisturizes your skin and also contains lactic acid which helps unclog pores.
And now, I am not going to make you wait any longer, here is the recipe! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Chocolate Lovers Exfoliating Face Mask Recipe
Yield: about 6 face masks
- 3 tablespoon Rhassoul Clay
- 2 tablespoon rose petals, dried
- 1 tablespoon chamomile flowers, dried
- 2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a coffee grinder or food processor, grind rose petals, chamomile flowers and sesame seeds until they are in the form of a fine powder.
- In a small container, mix Rhassoul clay, cocoa powder and ground plants.
- Store in an air tight container and label the jar with name of recipe and date of fabrication.
To use this face mask, mix 1-2 tablespoon of the powder with 1-2 tablespoon of organic yogourt. Apply the mask to your face and neck, avoiding the lips and eye area. Leave the mask for 15-20 minutes. After 15-20 minutes, I like to remove the mask in the shower by massaging gently under warm water to exfoliate. Your skin will feel so clean and refreshed after this treatment!
Leave a Reply